Subject: Re: how to tell about a new version of rockbox

Re: how to tell about a new version of rockbox

From: Mark Allums <mark_at_allums.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:46:55 -0500

Crystal Hurst wrote:
> hi my name is crystal. I am wondering how to tell when a version of
> rockbox comes out. I have the i pod video 5 gen 30 gig. I was just
> wondering how to tell when new versions of rockbox come out. thanks for
> your time it is greatly appreciated
>
> crystal

Hi Crystal,

Rockbox is updated continually by the developers. There is a new build
several times a day. There is really not a discrete /release/ version
any more. Perhaps the best thing to do might be to update when a
particular feature is improved or a particular bug is fixed. If your
build is working correctly, and you are satisfied with it, you do not
need to be in a hurry to always have the latest version. On the other
hand, there are improvements happening all the time, and that is one of
the advantages of the developers making the latest code available, and
keeping open. You don't have to wait with bated breath for each new
release, you can take advantage of it as soon as it is announced.

--Mark Allums