Subject: Re: IAudio X5: Feature, Bug, or just me? (Battery life/battery level report)

Re: IAudio X5: Feature, Bug, or just me? (Battery life/battery level report)

From: Thomas Kuther <gimpel_at_sonnenkinder.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:39:29 +0100

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:52:14 -0500 buddy_at_brannan.name wrote:

> Hey y'all,
>
> I noticed starting sometime last year, probably after the second most
> recent upheaval (August?) something odd in my IAudio X5. I wonder if
> it's just me, just my battery, or if something else is going on?
>
> First battery life seems to have dropped dramatically. Where I'm
> pretty sure for the first while I was getting aroun 10-12 hours, I'm
> lucky to get 4 or 5, and they'd better be continuous, which brings up
> the other anomaly.
>
> After a battery is charged, I turn the player on and get a battery
> level. Lately, it's been like 60% but has been, in past builds, as
> high as 72%. over the next several minutes, this level creeps up until
> it gets well into the 80's or 90's as the player plays, giving me an
> estimate of something over five hours. If I turn the player off and
> come back later, if the level reports at 10-15%, for instance, I have
> to wait a while for the meter to go up to 40, 50, 60% before I start
> playing a file, else it might just quit instead. Anyone else noticing
> this, or do I have something strange going?

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem with recent revisions.
Mine almost does not start up at all after I used it once.
If I keep trying a bit, it manages to start, and battery goes up to 90%
after a short period and I can listen for hours. It would be cool if
the battery empty message could be delayed for a minute after startup.

The battery capacity is set to 950mAh in rockbox, which is what the
battery does have on an X5 (no L) I think.

I wonder what's the best way to debug if this is the battery, or a bug
in recent rockbox revisions. Oh well, I will get the original firmware
back on it first I guess...

Regards,
Thomas