Subject: further question about restoring orriginal firmware on 140

further question about restoring orriginal firmware on 140

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:58:50 -0000

Hi. Sorry if the list gets this message twice, I did send this message once
before, but it didn't seem to get through.
I have another question about restoring the orriginal firmware on my 140, I
just
looked at the iriver flashing instructions,
and they say
"Convert an original firmware provided by iRiver from ihp_120.hex to
ihp_120.bin"
Do I need to do this even if I am installing this file when I am booted into
the orriginal firmware?
If so how do I do this conversion?
  Will this restoration remove the bootloader as well?
Thanks for your help.
Alex