Subject: Re: MK1214GAH or SpinPoint N2

Re: MK1214GAH or SpinPoint N2

From: Steve Martin <martinsa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:09:50 -0400

> I have put a Samsung HS122JC (120 GB) in my video ipod; it is not a
> Spinpoint N2 (I think it is N1, but the information is pretty scarce);
> I'm not sure that Spinpoint N2 is even available around.
>
> The connector, by the way, should be ZIF (zero insertion force, I
> believe), not LIF. And if you haven't checked it out yet, I think this
> page would be helpful:
> http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/HardDriveReplacement
>
> Xinlu

Looks like the N2 has a 160gb version available as well (notice typo
on their page):
http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/productmodel.do?group=72&type=60&subtype=68&model_cd=347&tab=fea

Looks like I may be able to get a 160gb ipod running rockbox after
all. It may take a while for this to come available.

Thanks,
Steve

PS Sorry about the bad subject line earlier