Subject: Cant' Get Ipod Video 60gb to work with rockbox

Cant' Get Ipod Video 60gb to work with rockbox

From: Dj Paddy <mygroups_at_djpaddy.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:34:30 -0000

Hi all,

I recently bought an Ipod off a user of this forum.

The only thing that's wrong with the unit is the screnes nackered.

I cant' see so that's no problems for me.

I've owned Archos units, and Irivers and gotten them to fly with Rockbox but not this damn thing...

Am i missing anything here?

This is what I've tryed,

This is doing my head in here lol.

1. Wiped the drive, as in deleted everything out of the route.

2. Copied back the Ipod Control directory that I'd backed-up earlier.

3. Using the ipodpatcher.exe unpatched and then re-patched the firmware to makesure it hadn't gotten corrupted.

It wrote data to the firmware.

4. Copied the .rockbox directory to the route of the unit.

5. Copyed the ipod video english.voice to the langs directory and renamed it to english.voice

6. Disconnected the unit.

It powered-off.

7. Held down 12 O'clock with slect to boot to rockbox?

Not a damn thing happened, it just sits there.

Yup, it boots off the USB and shows up as a a drive no problems at all. The capacity of the drive is showing up correctly.

This makes no sense at all.

Dj paddy