Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: Cant' Get Ipod Video 60gb to work with rockbox
Re: Cant' Get Ipod Video 60gb to work with rockbox
From: Dj Paddy <mygroups_at_djpaddy.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:45:03 -0000
Arg arg arg arg arg arg!
I'm a mixture of rage and joy and!
I, was, trying to use the bloody thing witht he keypad in the LOCKED, position!
It's working now.
I'm going to quit my IT System Engineer job, and throw both Computer Science Degrees out the window now!
Plus I'll not take that A+ Technicians IT Cert!
I recently bought an Ipod off a user of this forum.
The only thing that's wrong with the unit is the screnes nackered.
I cant' see so that's no problems for me.
I've owned Archos units, and Irivers and gotten them to fly with Rockbox but not this damn thing...
Am i missing anything here?
This is what I've tryed,
This is doing my head in here lol.
1. Wiped the drive, as in deleted everything out of the route.
2. Copied back the Ipod Control directory that I'd backed-up earlier.
3. Using the ipodpatcher.exe unpatched and then re-patched the firmware to makesure it hadn't gotten corrupted.
It wrote data to the firmware.
4. Copied the .rockbox directory to the route of the unit.
5. Copyed the ipod video english.voice to the langs directory and renamed it to english.voice
6. Disconnected the unit.
7. Held down 12 O'clock with slect to boot to rockbox?
Not a damn thing happened, it just sits there.
Yup, it boots off the USB and shows up as a a drive no problems at all. The capacity of the drive is showing up correctly.
This makes no sense at all.
__________ NOD32 2949 (20080315) Information __________
This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew