Subject: Problems with ipod 80gb video

Problems with ipod 80gb video

From: Celeste Fisher <celestefisher79_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:16:02 -0600

Hi, list.
I am having problems getting my ipod to register as a drive on my computer.
When I plug it into the USB port, it gives me three tones, indicating some
sort of USB failure. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Maybe a setting
in the ipod itself that I need to change? It used to work just fine,
although I had to do a lot of plugging and unplugging, starting up and
shutting down the ipod before it would work, now it refuses to register as a
drive letter completely. If someone can help I'd appreciate it.
I'm using Windows XP, if that matters.
Thanks in advance.
Oh, by the way. Once in a while it will act like it wants to register, but
it brings up the add hardware wizard and it wants to register it as a
rockbox media player. I've actually tried to let it go through with the add
new hardware wizard but it says it can't find any programs named rockbox
media player to install. And even after that it still doesn't register as a
hard drive letter. So definitely, any help anyone can give would be great.
Thanks again in advance.