Subject: RE: iPod battery problem: fully charged, last 5 seconds

RE: iPod battery problem: fully charged, last 5 seconds

From: Hussein Patwa <hspatwa_at_talktalk.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:03:50 -0000

> Subject: iPod battery problem: fully charged, last 5 seconds

> What replacement battery do you recommend me? With Google I
> found only replacement batteries from Sonnettech. They cost about 30$.

Can't really comment on battery makes for the iPod, but I've seen Uniross as
another manufacturer you may consider. Perhaps a fellow member across the
pond could help you with specific dealers.

> Can I do it myself? Its better to send the iPod to Apple
> Support or any other partner?

If I'm not mistaken, Apple generally don't like people playing with the
hardware, they can get pretty picky about repairing things should they later
break after your own work.

However, Google has quite a few tutorial videos on replacing the battery:
http://www.ipodhowtovideo.com/3rdgen/3gbattreplacement.html
http://www.revver.com/video/604280/third-generation-ipod-battery-replacement
/

HTH.