Subject: Re: Sansa versions

Re: Sansa versions

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 00:11:31 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Mark Allums wrote:

> For instance, Sansdisk tried to lock out Rockbox on the E200 R-series
> player, because of their deal with Rhapsody. Rhapsody wanted exclusive
> access to the player for their subscription service, and Rockbox has no
> provision for that.

I don't think they tried to specicily lock us out. I think they (Real) simply
used the provisions that existed in a way the SanDisk guys obviously failed to
do. Like how they fixed the flaw in the digital signature check.

> The V2 players have different hardware, so the V1 Rockbox version won't
> work, and will probably brick your player if you succeed in getting the
> firmware installed.

There's just no risk anyone would accidentally upgrade a v2 sansa with a v1
firmware or vice versa. They use completely different file formats.

  Daniel Stenberg -- --