Subject: Re: Sansa versions

Re: Sansa versions

From: Joseph Shraibman <rockbox_at_jks.tupari.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:57:48 -0400

Mark Allums wrote:

> If the factory firmware is working, don't update it with newer factory
> firmware. Sometimes, manufacturers try to lock out third-party
> firmware, so it may become more difficult to put Rockbox on your player.

That's what I wanted to know. I have rockbox working on a v1, and I am
having a problem where if the fm radio was playing (using the original
firmware) when I plug in the usb cable the rm radio starts playing and
the usb drive does not appear on my computer. I wanted to upgrade the
firmware to fix this bug, but I didn't want to risk breaking rockbox.