Subject: Re: Some Questions re iPod and iPod

Re: Some Questions re iPod and iPod

From: KANE BROLIN <kbrolin65_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:02:47 -0400

Speaking to Hussein's questions about charging the iPod:

I've taken to booting my iPod into the Apple firmware before plugging it
into my computer and either charging or transferring files. I always do
this now--not because it wasn't charging if last used in Rockbox mode, but
for another reason.

I found that after re-formatting and copying all desired files to my iPod,
my directories would be corrupted and gradually become unusable over a span
of just one or two weeks if I tried to delete, move, and copy files or
recharge via USB while my iPod had been booted into Rockbox. Since always
making sure I'm in the Apple firmware first, I've not had this problem
again. I'm using a fifth generation 30 GB Video.

-Kane