> Subject: Re: Voices for Iriver H10
> Well, I put up new voices dated March 25, so if yours is
> dated before that, try to redownload. I did all targets that
> day because I was told the Ipod32 also was acting in this manner.
> If people can test my voices on their targets that would help
> greatly. This has never happened before, so I have no idea
> why it would now.
> The process I use I have used for months now, so if
> something's going wrong, I need all your help to figure out
> what it is, and how I can fix it. Thank you for pointing this out.
I'm writing whilst on the road. Downloaded the paul voice for iPod 32 before
I set out.
I confirm this voice is partially kaput. The main menu is read in full, but
under 'Settings', only 'Sound settings' is read. Within 'Sound settings',
'volume', 'bass' and 'treble' are read, but nothing else. Values within
these sub-menus, e.g the individual volume settings are not read. Within
'General Settings', only 'Playlist' is read. Database doesn't read at all.
When viewing in the file browser, after highlighting any given item, there
is a short delay and then garbled gibberish.
This voice is also extremely unresponsive, and does not have the spontinuity
of the default festival voice. Generally, I'm sorry but the quality of the
actual voice tone is fine, but functionally it's just not useable so I must
stick to either Festival or continue with the project to make my own.
Hope this helps for diagnostics. Using rockbox from March 25, but also
tried with the latest current build, and my own compiled build from a few
Kind Regards and Best Wishes
Tel: 01224 783228
Mobile: 0789 47 595 62
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/p/Hussein_Patwa/510013486
Received on 2008-03-27