Subject: Re: Do I have a battery probem?

Re: Do I have a battery probem?

From: Tom Cole <>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 09:59:57 +1300

On 02 Apr 2008 18:17:43 +0200, Johan Vromans <>

>Tom Cole <> writes:
>> On 01 Apr 2008 23:56:40 +0200, Johan Vromans <>
>> When the voltage falls too low, the Rockbox button handling code thinks
>> that you have pressed the Off key. (The lower general voltage reduces
>> the voltage on the "off" i/o port to below the critical level.)
>Yes, that is exactly the behaviour I see.
>> The lower general voltage can be because of higher internal
>> resistance in the batteries as they age, or maybe there is higher
>> resistance occurring elsewhere in the hardware. You could check this
>> by trying fresh, new, fully charged batteries.
>Well, I bought some new batteries and put them into operation without
>charging. Although they were only 40% full, they worked fine and did
>not display the power-off behaviour I described. So I think I can
>safely assume the old batteries are worn out, or otherwise no longer
>usable for the JBR.
>Thanks for the advice.
>> The Archos Jukebox Recorder V1 was a great machine - I'm still using
>> mine.
>Yes, I love it! My car assembly:
>-- Johan

There's life in the old girl yet! Is your Archos attached in some way
to stop it rattling around? Is there a line-in connection to your audio

I see from your link that you drive a Prius. Are you enjoying it? Both
my wife and I have one each. They are truly amazing cars. I just love
mine - so quiet and easy to drive (and, of course so economical).