Subject: Re: Album art and special characters

Re: Album art and special characters

From: <bascule.42274043_at_bloglines.com>
Date: 14 Apr 2008 13:31:21 -0000

> I beg your pardon: I left a piece of question in my head. The complete

> one is the following: how can I name a cover art file to be showed
> correctly, relating to the ID3 tag album title, which contains some

forbidden characters?

> I have some cases in which some tracks from different
albums are
> stored in the same directory (i.e. for not completed albums).
I have
> the cover art of these albums, but I can't name them as "cover.bmp",

> obviously to avoid collisions, so I must name them as "<title>.bmp",

> following the precedence described in
> http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/AlbumArt.

> Which name should you use in those cases?

I'm also confused as to
why this is a problem. The filename of the cover art has to exactly match
the *filename* of the audio track, not the metadata information.

So therefore,
if the filesystem is restricting the choice of characters, then it will do
so for both files.

If the problem is that Windows will allow certain characters
to exist in a filename, but not allow the user to write those same characters,
then it is an application problem. Maybe try renaming the cover art with a
different application (i.e., not Windows Explorer)