Subject: Re: lag when skipping from track to track

Re: lag when skipping from track to track

From: asettico <asettico_at_rossomaltese.it>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:08:44 +0200

*In data 14/04/2008 07:24, Grant Hardy ha scritto*:
> One thing I've found is that Rockbox tends not to like too many files in
> one folder. I had around a thousand files in one folder when my iAudio
> started doing that to me; I moved things around, and now the problem
> doesn't exist anymore. Hope this helps!

Mmmm... unfortunately it happens also with "normal sized" playlists.
Generally, I stored each album in a separated directory, so my playlists are
always dynamic and quite short.
But this lag is always noticeable, specially while skipping back.

I see that there was an important intervention in r17109, but I have to try
it too: I will post some notes as I discover which patch is breaking the
compilation.

Stay tuned!
--
  ,= ,-_-. =.  asettico ~ [ http://rossomaltese.it/   ]
((_/)o o(\_)) OpenPGP ~~ [ 1024D/1CB926BA 2003-11-29 ]