Subject: Re: newbie question

Re: newbie question

From: Ed Nickl <>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:41:35 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "gary grainger" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 6:54 AM
Subject: newbie question

> I've just installed rockbox on my iPod Video and I'm very happy with it. I
> just wondered what was people's preferred method of getting tunes onto
> their players - is there a "Rockbox friendly" program to run on my Windows
> machine? (I hate itunes)
> cheers
> Gary
> ________________________________
> My blog:
Actually I use iTunes. I setup iTunes with my library location as a folder
on my Rockbox called \Audio, and as long as it is connected when I add tunes
to iTunes, they get automatically put on the rockbox in the correct folders.
Then I hook it up to my other PC and use robocopy to keep it synced with the
player, so I have a back up of all music. (then I robocopy it over the
network to another PC just in case...)
Most of my collection is 70s/80s stuff from my cds. My daughter buys her
new music from iTunes, then I use qtfairuse to remove drm, so she can play
it on rockbox player.