Subject: Re: Ladies and Gentlemen - we have had SOUND!!! :)

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen - we have had SOUND!!! :)

From: Michael Sevakis <jethead71_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 21:35:19 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Ed Nickl
To: Rockbox
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 12:07 PM

> So is it worth picking one up now for Rockbox usage? I really like
Rockbox on my Gigabeat F40 already, (plus 2 sansa E200s Plus a sansa C...)

It's early in the port with loose ends in even basic functions and the
install isn't exactly a breeze on either linux or windows yet but if you
don't mind that you can pick one up and should be able to put it to use
right away. There's alot of untapped potential in optimizing (writing proper
assembly for the arm11 core for example) but the bread and butter stuff need
doing before that.

Mike