Subject: problem with generating rockbox voice

problem with generating rockbox voice

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 15:39:57 +0100

Hi list.
I'm having problems generating a rockbox voice, and hoping someone could
help with this.
I'm wanting to use sapi 4 to generate my voices, as I understand that by
using sapi 4 i can generate a voice using eloquence voices.
But I have a few questions, firstly in the sapi.vbs file what is the exact
line I need to edit in order to tell the make file when its generating the
voice to use a particular voice?
also, when I was trying to generate a voice, i entered /sapi4 into cygwin
when it asked me for sapi options,
and I got the following error when i entered make voice, what does this
mean? and how can i fix it?
TTS Engine (options): sapi (/sapi4)
Error - could not get ActiveVoice object. SAPI 4 not installed?
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
l line 97.
Generating voice clipsmake: *** [voice] Error 141
Thanks for any help.
OH and just in case its of any use, this was for an h140 I was trying to