Subject: Re: Rockbox in a philips

Re: Rockbox in a philips

From: Dominik Riebeling <>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 18:34:21 +0200

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 2:29 AM, constantine (on laptop)
<> wrote:
> Well, its possible. Your going to have to take the player apart and figure
> out what chip does what. I don't know much more, though, sorry.

Sorry, but this is wrong. You are talking about _porting_ Rockbox, the
OP is talking about _installing_ it. That are two completely different
things, and even if you open up your player porting Rockbox might be
impossible -- for example if no free compiler (read: gcc) is available
for the CPU used.

Please don't post such information unless you verified it and are
really sure about it. And please follow the list etiquette and stop
top-posting. Thanks.

 - Dominik
List admin: