Subject: Re: Power from USB?

Re: Power from USB?

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 12:16:36 +0100

On Saturday 24 May 2008 11:42, Paul Louden wrote:

> > I would have though the A-B button would be a better choice
>
> Actually, this is how it works on most other targets with USB charging.
> The record button is legacy behaviour. In the past it didn't actually
> take you to the recording screen.
>
> > Certainly it should be documented in the manual as a quirk / side-effect?
>
> Again this is a result of the recording feature being added to the
> record button, rather than just a menu entry.

Pardon my ignorance, but what else would the REC button take you to other than
the recording screen?

> I'm not sure how it all came about, but the quirk wasn't thought of. At this
> point, it'd be better to simply factor out the quirk, which means changing
> the button, but there's some disagreement on what exactly the final
> behaviour should be.

Perhaps it would be helpful to change the function to the A-B button now,
especially if this is currently used on other devices, even if that's not the
final behaviour decided upon?

At least it's a more benign control to make use of, and less puzzling in the
absence of an explanation in the manual.

Antony.

--
You can spend the whole of your life trying to be popular,
but at the end of the day the size of the crowd at your funeral