Subject: Re: problem with generating rockbox voice

Re: problem with generating rockbox voice

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 14:06:57 +0100

On Saturday 24 May 2008 13:42, Daniel Dalton wrote:

> On Sat, 24 May 2008, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> >> Why don't you just try yourself if there are "major" problems
> >> accessing rbutil using a screenreader? Unless you try you won't know
> >> for sure, and unless we get feedback we can't improve it ...
> >
> > Will try to find time too.
>
> I tried with gnome, debian gnu/linux, orca out of svn, very recent, quite
> a recent at-spi, and rbutil v1.0.5.

What versions of Gnome and Orca does that give you?

My understanding is that Debian is pretty out of date as far as Orca is
concerned, and I've been advised to recompile Gnome from source if I wanted
to get something current and therefore reasonably functional.

> So, I hear "Rockbox utility inaccessible".
> So I tab try activate menus etc, but nothing happens.
> not even flat review works.
> Have you done any testing with orca?
> Or is my at-spi to old? At oldest it is probably 20 revs out of date...

Antony.

--
"The future is already here.   It's just not evenly distributed yet."
 - William Gibson