Subject: Speaking directory names on iRiver H320

Speaking directory names on iRiver H320

From: E.J. Zufelt <everett_at_zufelt.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 19:19:21 -0300

Good evening,

I have used Rockbox in the past on my iRiver H320, but it was a long time ago. I am having problems getting Rockbox to speak directory names. Here is what I've done.

- Formatted H320 (FAT32)
- Downloaded iRiver firmware 1.30eu
- Downloaded Robox Utility
- Performed a Full Install
- Installed Voice files
- Downloaded Lame, most resent built (non-beta)
- Installed Talk files
- Verified that each directory has a _dirname.talk file
- Renamed _dirname.talk to _dirname.mp3 to verify that file contained audio and then named back
- Set Voice Directories to Off and Use Directory.talk Clips to Yes
- Triedd again with Voice Directories set to Spell

Regardless what I do the _dirname.talk clips will not play on my H320. If I disable Use Directory.talk clips then I can navigate the directories by number or spelling.

Any help would be great,
Everett