Subject: Re: Speaking directory names on iRiver H320

Re: Speaking directory names on iRiver H320

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 12:27:48 +0200

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 2:37 AM, E.J. Zufelt <everett_at_zufelt.ca> wrote:
> I understand that more than just the visually impaired use Rockbox, but it
> is a bit annoying how poorly accessible Rockbox Utility is.

Feel free to jump in and help with improving Rockbox Utility's
accessibility. It's a bit annoying blind people calling accessibility
poor but no-one actually trying to help improving it. And while some
issues are known (for example, QTabBar isn't voiced correctly due to a
Qt bug -- we added a menu entry for accessing the items directly to
work around this) the usage of sighted and blind people is quite
different. Being a sighted person I have no idea about the experience
for a blind guy -- unless someone tells me.

I'd really like to see more people working on Rockbox Utility,
especially accessibility. Someone picking up the command line version
might be a rather easy start. Or starting a wiki page analyzing the
current accessibility status and issues of Rockbox Utility.

Oh, and please follow the list etiquette and stop top-posting. It is
not wanted on this list. Thanks.

 - Dominik