Subject: Re: problem with generating rockbox voice

Re: problem with generating rockbox voice

From: Dj Paddy <mygroups_at_djpaddy.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 13:17:55 +0100

"On Sunday 25 May 2008 11:18, Dominik Riebeling wrote:

> On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 1:16 AM, Daniel Dalton <
d.dalton_at_iinet.net.au>
wrote:

> > No, accessibility on linux is very good with gtk, and the command line!
> > use the cmd line all the time for most tasks.
>
> Well, I never understood why a blind guy would want to use a
> GUI-centric OS like windows anyway

That's simple - what platform is the majority of software produced for, and
if
that's GUI-based, what platform has a working screenreader?

Blind users don't _want_ to use Windows - they want to use applications -
but
they have to accept the platform those applications are accessible to them
on "

I'm a blind guy and I work as a System Engineer for

http://www.liberty-it.co.uk

We do have Linux servers but most of our servers are Win 2K3 and 99% of the
users I support are using Win 2K or Win XP. So ya gotta go with the market.

Dj Paddy