Subject: Re: problem with generating rockbox voice

Re: problem with generating rockbox voice

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 00:23:03 +0100

> "alex wallis" <> wrote:
>> however I have one final question, voice clips are generating with no
>> problem, however in the control panel, after installing something else, I
>> am now getting the option to see the sapi 4 control panel, and also the
>> engines and voices in there. However i'm not getting any options to
>> control the settings of the voices such as speed etc, and also I'm not
>> getting an option to get the voice to speak a test message to see if i
>> like how it sounds.
>> Does anyone no how to sort this?
>> Thanks for any help.
> Regarding speed, you may either use something like the following statement
> in the sapi_voice.vbs file:
> OTTS.Speed = 340
> or
> OTTS.Inject ("\spd=340\")

Hi peter, Where exactly should those statements be inserted? and is there
no way i can here what the speed of the voice sounds like before generating
an rb voice? as it seems a bit anoying that i spend 20 minutes generating a
voice, only to find i don't like it.
Could you perhaps send me a copy of your sapi.vbs file? as you said you sent
me a copy before, but I don't think it turned up.
Thanks for your help.

List admin: