Subject: RE: problem with generating rockbox voice

RE: problem with generating rockbox voice

From: Rick Alfaro <>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 12:38:57 -0400

I have the same player that I purchased from and just went through
the whole installation of RockBox and creating all of the .talk files for
both folder and files.

If you are referring to the program rbutil.exe, I can tell you that I did
not have much success with that. I used VoiceBox instead which was very
speech friendly, and after checking the options I wanted, I let it rip and
it added the files beautifully. I also used a sapi 5 voice, Heather from
Aqupela which I have installed here as a 30 day trial. It took several
minutes to go through my nearly full 8gb Sansa 280, but it chimed when it
was finished and it worked as advertised.

Anyhow, try VoiceBox instead of rbutil if you haven't done so already.

Warmest regards,
Rick Alfaro