Subject: Re: about iaudio formatting

Re: about iaudio formatting

From: Antony Stone <>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 13:13:59 +0100

On Monday 02 June 2008 12:49, RaZorbacK wrote:

> Now, about an iaudio. a guy gave me a non-working iaudio x5 and it is
> apparently NTFS-formatted. I've tried to format it back to Fat32 but in
> the windows formatting dialog box, the fat32 option is not showing up.
> So, how could I format this unit to fat32?

Try deleting the partition altogether and then creating a new one.

You should be able to specify the file system type when creating the
partition, and then format it as that type.

"I don't mind that he got rich, but I do mind that he peddles himself as the
ultimate hacker and God's own gift to technology when his track record
suggests that he wouldn't know a decent design idea or a well-written hunk of
code if it bit him in the face. He's made his billions selling elaborately
sugar-coated crap that runs like a pig on [sedatives], crashes at the drop of
an electron, and has set the computing world back by at least a decade."
 - Eric S Raymond, about Bill Gates
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.
List admin: