Subject: Re: Blind user needs help with voice box plus

Re: Blind user needs help with voice box plus

From: Brian Wolven <>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 15:28:11 -0400

Dominik Riebeling wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Brian Wolven <> wrote:
>> I think that the script expects to find a "path separator" (/ on Windows)
> I don't know about the script but the path separator on windows is the
> backslash \, not the slash / you mentioned. Windows can cope with the
> regular slash / in several places too, but I have no idea if this
> applies to VB scripts too.

Oops, I've been using OS X and bash almost exclusively for the last
year. It's *one* of those guys - /,\. ;)

The problem is that the script looks for that separator when it starts
the voice clip generation:

      LastSlash = InStrRev(Item,"\",-1,1)

It voices everything to the right of that separator (assuming that there
is a folder name there), then moves recursively through the directory
structure. If there is no "\", it should instead check and see if the
argument is a drive letter and proceed from there accordingly.

List admin: