Subject: back on the old topic of generating sapi 4 voices

back on the old topic of generating sapi 4 voices

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 00:54:18 +0100

Hi list.
I no this is an old topic i've been on about before, but i worked out where
i was going wrong when i was going through the list archives. I didn't
realise that I needed to run a script in order to find out my sapi 4 voice
IDS.
I have now downloaded and run the script in question, called something like
list sapi 4 voices.vbs
and the script ran ok, however it didn't tell me the numerical IDs that i
can put in my sapi_voice.vbs file in order to get a reed voice generated,
all the script output was the names of the available sapi 4 voices. So could
someone please advise me what I am doing wrong?
as am I right in thinking I don't put the hole massive voice name into the
sapi_voice.vbs file?
for example
English-American: Reed (Adult Male) Reed
was one of the things the script output. Unless I have completely
misunderstood, when me and Peter herngaard have exchanged e mails in the
past, he i think was saying i needed to put an integer number into the
sapi_voice.vbs file at a given point, however the list_sapi_4_voices.vbs
file was not giving me numbers, only the names as in the example above,.
the command i put in to run the script was
cscript list_sapi_4_voices.vbs
Any help would be very welcome.
Alex.