Subject: Re: back on the old topic of generating sapi 4 voices

Re: back on the old topic of generating sapi 4 voices

From: kim <arwynevenstar2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:37:12 -0700 (PDT)

alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com> wrote: Hi. well registering this dll, seems to allow voices to be sceen in the control panel. are you sure you have sapi 4 voices actually installed? such as those from viavoice?
  Yes, I have both via voice and the eloquence 5 us module and common module installed.
  also, sapi 4 doesn't come already installed under windows xp, you have to make a special efort to install it.
  anyway, to register this dll, put the following into run and hit enter.
  regsvr32 c:\windows\speech\xvoice.dll
I have done so, and it says registered successfully. However, no voices show up under the speech part of the control pannel. Now, when I ask it to generate voices, it hangs before saying that it is using sapi 4 to generate the clips. Can anyone help me out?
  Thanks so much,
kim