Subject: Re: Sansa: thoughts on keybindings

Re: Sansa: thoughts on keybindings

From: Arno Wald <>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:09:54 +0200

Arno Wald wrote:
> First I even thought that the stop function on the power key is silly
> because I have a play/pause key for this. But while being in the file
> browser, play/pause would only bring you to the WPS, where I need a
> second press to pause playback. So power=stop is ok, but only without
> the go-to-parent-folder function. Is this a bug?

But it is still inconsistent: Pressing power in the file browser does
stop the music, but it also should start playback again without leaving
the folder where you currently are. So a IMHO good key binding would be:

power: toggle play/pause everywhere (except perhaps in game-plugins
where it is used to exit the game often)

long-power: turn off the player

play/pause: toggle between WPS and where you have been before pressing
play/pause the last time.

List admin: