Subject: can't hard-reset ipod

can't hard-reset ipod

From: Jeremy Nikolai <>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:35:20 -0700

I tried updating my ipod (60gb 5g video) a couple days ago to the latest
daily build; after installing and restarting the bootloader comes up, stops
at "Rockbox loaded", and won't respond to anything, including a hard reset.
If I run the battery out and reset from the dead battery charging screen, it
responds (going back to that screen) - and if I leave it charging for a few
minutes (but still on the dead battery screen), I can do a hard reset, get
an apple logo, "Loading original firmware...", and it stays there... and
I'm running out of ideas.

As it is now, I have no way of getting into usb mode, and I think it might
be bricked... I've been using rockbox for years, updating every few months,
and never had any trouble updating (or recovering from a bad update)
before... Any ideas, or anyone seen this before?

List admin: