Subject: Re: can't hard-reset ipod

Re: can't hard-reset ipod

From: Jeremy Nikolai <rockbox_at_jnikolai.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 19:00:54 -0700

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Adam Rosi-Kessel <adam_at_rosi-kessel.org>
wrote:
> I assume you've tried turning it on with the lock on?

Just tried it - same result.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
wrote:
> Do you have the iTunes software installed on your computer?

no iTunes... I'm on linux. Though I just now tried plugging into my work
machine w/ iTunes though to see if it recognized it... and nothing.

I might break down and tear it apart, pick up a hard drive adapter and see
what the hard drive looks like plugged in directly... I'm supecting I
managed to corrupt the file system or something along those lines (though
would even that keep the factory firmware from booting?)