Subject: Re: External Microphone for Iriver H320?

Re: External Microphone for Iriver H320?

From: Antony Stone <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 23:25:41 +0100

On Thursday 26 June 2008 22:11, Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.) wrote:

> We recently purchased a second-hand Iriver H320 with Rockbox and, although
> it has an internal microphone, we are interested in purchasing an external
> microphone for recording on location outside on holiday. The type we want
> is a lapel mic which is omni-directional rather than uni-directional.
> We look forward to hearing from you in the not too distant future.

Go and buy yourself a microphone with a 3.5mm jack plug on the cable, and plug
it into the "Mic / Line In" socket on the iRiver. It works very well - I
have an iRiver myself (H340).

Using an external microphone instead of the internal one (and specifically
buying a particular type of microphone) has nothing to do with Rockbox.

Late in 1972 President Richard Nixon announced that the rate of increase of
inflation was decreasing.   This was the first time a sitting president used
a third derivative to advance his case for re-election.
 - Hugo Rossi, Notices of the American Mathematical Society
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.
List admin: