Subject: Re: External Microphone for Iriver H320?

Re: External Microphone for Iriver H320?

From: Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.) <>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:19:20 +0100

>> We recently purchased a second-hand Iriver H320 with Rockbox and, although
>> it has an internal microphone, we are interested in purchasing an external
>> microphone for recording on location outside on holiday. The type we want
>> is a lapel mic which is omni-directional rather than uni-directional.
>> We look forward to hearing from you in the not too distant future.
>Go and buy yourself a microphone with a 3.5mm jack plug on the cable, and plug
>it into the "Mic / Line In" socket on the iRiver. It works very well - I
>have an iRiver myself (H340).

If you have any technical know-how, then you would also know that not any microphone with a 3.5mm jack would work on any piece of equipment. Different types of equipment have different impedances which is why I am asking regarding the type of microphone I can use on the Iriver.

>Using an external microphone instead of the internal one (and specifically
>buying a particular type of microphone) has nothing to do with Rockbox.

I did not state that the microphone would have anything to do with Rockbox - I just mentioned to state what I had.

Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.)<>
List admin: