Subject: Re: question about remotes

Re: question about remotes

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 17:00:08 +0200

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Antony Stone
<Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it> wrote:
> iRiver themselves produced atleast two different types of remote for the H100
> and H300 series - one type has a small LCD on the remote and the other type
> doesn't.

You can in fact even use other remotes from them -- I bought a remote
for an PMP-400 (IIRC that was the name of the device it was designed
for) which is rather similar to the h100 LCD remote. It's slightly
different in buttons, the buttons itself use different ADC values and
the LCD controller needs to get configured slightly different. I was
able to get it working with a really small amount of work, but as I
bought the remote for a different purpose I haven't followed this in
any way.

 - Dominik