Subject: sansa c250 battery usage

sansa c250 battery usage

From: Erik Ramseth <>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 23:48:24 -0400

I searched for a good amount of time but I could not seem to find any
reference to the efficiency of Ogg Vorbis decoding versus the
efficiency of MP3 decoding. I am mostly concerned with overall
playback time for similar quality files. Is there any data available
on this subject (even generic rockbox info, not specific to the c250)?
 What about from a theoretical point of view... should MP3 decoding or
Ogg Vorbis encoding be more efficient?

If not, I suppose I will run some tests soon.

As a related question: what are some settings that will greatly affect
battery life in general (I would guess things like EQ, dithering,
replaygain, and SD card usage have a detrimental effect on battery
life, but that's only an anecdotal/experiential statement.... no facts
to back it up).

Any info would be appreciated.

Erik Ramseth
Erik Ramseth