Subject: Re: Intro and advice

Re: Intro and advice

From: Dominik Riebeling <>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:44:49 +0000

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Michael McGhee <> wrote:
> I've just looked at the website and I now see a problem. It says that
> Rockbox doesn't work witht eh Classic, is this true? If yes, will it soon

yes, that's true.

> work or is there anything I can do to make it work? Is there an alternative

no, unfortunately not. The Classic is completely different hardware,
plus its firmware is completely encrypted. This makes it much harder
to run custom code on it as on the older Ipods. In fact, I'm not aware
that someone was able running custom code on it yet.

> program I can buy or download that anyone knows about. Help me out here,
> I'm desperate. If I'm not using this thing in the next couple of days then
> my wife will start asking why not, then she will realise that this was a
> waste of $260, and I'll be stuffed.

Well, unfortunately there's not much you can do about that. Given the
fact that you haven't bought it in your city returning might not be
possible so you could just try to sell it on ebay or something

 - Dominik
List admin: