Subject: RE: Intro and advice

RE: Intro and advice

From: Mike Holden <>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:37:58 +0100 (BST)

Maurice Press wrote:
> Hi Michael, Now, forgive me if this just isn't helpful but, I've had the
> Ipod 80GB Video for some while now and it works pretty well with Rockbox.
> One or two glitches but nothing major.

But he hasn't got a Video, he's got a Classic - different beast
altogether, as others have pointed out already.

Sorry Mike, but you've been "sold a pup". Unfortunately, the pup-seller is
on the other side of the world, so getting your money back might be

May still be worth contacting Apple UK and explaining the full situation
to them, naming the specific shop you bought it from and the salesperson's
name if you can remember it. They may take pity and give you a straight
swap for one of the Rockbox-supported models.

Remember however that they have no obligation under UK law I wouldn't
think (so don't get too stroppy with them!), but got to be worth a punt?
You never know!

Good luck :-)

Mike Holden - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts
List admin: