Subject: H320 - How to simply power off of usb, music playing, without disk mode?

H320 - How to simply power off of usb, music playing, without disk mode?

From: Mike Hodson <mystica_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:33:25 -0600

I have a situation where I have an Iriver H320, a laptop, a
double-ended USB cord (for higher current draw, 2 host 1 mini-B device
end like for a external usb hub/hdd) and no +5v 2A EIAJ-02 power cord
available.

I am using relatively new firmware from about a week ago. I simply
want to be able to power the player (to reduce/eliminate battery draw
while sitting here at work) and possibly charge the battery (if enough
current is available for charge + playback, if not, drawing power only
for play without charging) while continuing to listen to music.

No matter what mode I enable, "Charge via USB" yes/no, or "Car Adaptor
Mode" yes/no, it still stops playback and pops up the graphic of the
USB cable and mounts as a drive. It has been my experience that there
are readily available cheap power adaptors with the USB-Mini-B
connector, for Motorola's and Blackberries, so this lead me to think
that "Car adaptor mode" might have enabled me to use a common USB
power adaptor as opposed to going into disk mode by default. Was this
an incorrect assumption?

Is there a way to prevent this, and get the powering-only mode that I desire?

Thanks!