Subject: Re: H320 - How to simply power off of usb, music playing, without disk mode?

Re: H320 - How to simply power off of usb, music playing, without disk mode?

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 17:54:42 +0100

On Thursday 03 July 2008 17:33, Mike Hodson wrote:

> I am using relatively new firmware from about a week ago. I simply
> want to be able to power the player (to reduce/eliminate battery draw
> while sitting here at work) and possibly charge the battery (if enough
> current is available for charge + playback, if not, drawing power only
> for play without charging) while continuing to listen to music.

I had exactly the same problem / puzzlement about this a while back:

On Saturday 24 May 2008 10:57, Paul Louden wrote:

> > If I press REC and then plug in USB, it starts recording.
>
> This is actually the case where it's working. Your player will be
> charging, and if you do it quickly enough you shouldn't actually start
> recording. There is a plan to choose a button that has less effect, but
> there's some discussion still going on in regard to a standard behaviour
> choice for USB charging.

From my perspective the REC button is not the ideal way to do this, and I
understand that on other machines the A-B (or equivalent) button is (rather
more helpfully) used.

Either way, though, it appears to be fundamentally a documentation problem, in
that the currently-working behaviour is not described very well.

Hope this helps,

Antony.

--
The truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
 - Oscar Wilde