Subject: Re: H320 - How to simply power off of usb, music playing, without disk mode?

Re: H320 - How to simply power off of usb, music playing, without disk mode?

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 19:43:17 +0100

On Thursday 03 July 2008 18:40, Mike Hodson wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Antony Stone
>
> <Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it> wrote:
> > I had exactly the same problem / puzzlement about this a while back:

> >> This is actually the case where it's working. Your player will be
> >> charging, and if you do it quickly enough you shouldn't actually start
> >> recording.
>
> no matter how fast I connect the usb cable and release the rec button or
> where I do this combo from, it always goes into record mode.

I also failed to get the "charging whilst operating" mode to work without also
selecting recording mode (which, admittedly, I could then stop and do
whatever else I wanted, with the machine still powered from USB and indeed
charging the battery as well).

So, "operating with USB power" does indeed work (and does indeed recharge the
battery too), but not as far as I can tell without going into recording mode
which you then have to cancel.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Users don't know what they want until they see what they get.
                                                     Please reply to the list;