Subject: Documentation Clean-up Week

Documentation Clean-up Week

From: Marc Guay <>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 12:20:24 -0400

I noticed that there was some talk of organizing a Docs Clean-up Week
at the DevCon and thought I'd take the lead on this one and see if I
can't at least get some ideas organized. So if you have any
suggestions on where/how the documentation (either the wiki or the
manual) can be improved in any way, you opinions would be greatly

I figured that there's no reason to create a new wiki page when we
already have one basically set up at I cleaned the
plugins section but the rest could use some review.

Some thoughts:

- Perhaps purging that page and starting from scratch would be easier
than updating it.

- It might be wise to find a nice way to merge the WikiHome page with
the Documentation Index so that there aren't two focal points to the

- Are there things in this wiki section that belong in the manual or
vice versa?

- Is there a plan for the flyspray feature requests?

- It needs to be decided if BatteryFAQ and LiIonFAQ are Archos-only or
not. If they are, make it clear, and if not, update them to be more

- The flashing procedure for the Archos in the manual is a mess. Tom
Cole recently updated the wiki pages to be less confusing, so perhaps
they could simple be copied to the manual and have the wiki pages
List admin: