Subject: Re: Volume Control on Rockbox

Re: Volume Control on Rockbox

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:44:10 +0100

On Sunday 13 July 2008 17:27, Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.) wrote:

> when using the FM radio, I find that a loud station can rather
> drown the Rockbox voice and, when I reduce the radio volume, the Rockbox
> voice is also reduced. I then turn the Rockbox volume up in Settings so,
> of course, when I go back to radio, that is loud again. Is there any way
> of changing radio and Rockbox volumes separately?

There isn't a way of doing it, no. The idea has been discussed on the list
previously - several people seem to think it would be good to have
independent volume controls for the voicing and the player.

I also added this as a feature request on the Rockbox tracker system, however
the developers have since eliminated the feature request system.

I think it's impossible to say whether anyone will implement this, but you're
certainly not the only one who thinks it would be a good idea.

Regards,

Antony.

--
I want to build a machine that will be proud of me.
 - Danny Hillis, creator of The Connection Machine