Subject: Re: looking for recommendation for a player for a blind friend

Re: looking for recommendation for a player for a blind friend

From: Robert Menes <viewtiful.icchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:49:56 -0400

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Shai Yoram <shai.yoram_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this group and would really appreciate your support.
> I have a blind friend who is looking for a rockbox enabled mp3 player.
> He is looking for a player that will be easy to operate with buttons (no
> touch screen) and with large storage space (60GB and up).
>
> What are the options these days? what models are recommended for blind
> people?
> Is there any difference in the installation of rockbox on the various
> players in terms of ease of installation and ease of use?
>
> As I am new to the rockbox world, any response will help
>
> TIA
> Shai

Hi Shai,

You can check out the Buyer's Guide page on our wiki to get a good
idea of what to look for:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/BuyersGuide

You'll have to hit eBay to get any of these players, though. No player
currently on the market
will work with Rockbox. Also, you can see the manuals for each player
too see the install process,
or just get Rockbox Utility for your friend to simplify the process:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RockboxUtility

Hope this helps.

--Rob
(More DAPs than you can shake a stick at)

--
Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.