Subject: Re: microSD and sansa

Re: microSD and sansa

From: Mike Hodson <mystica_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:33:53 -0600

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:54 AM, RaZorbacK <lists_at_sof-paradise.info> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'd like to get a micro sd card for my sansa but is there anyone here who
> has a have player with a 8GB card on this unit?

I have a Sansa e250 and an 8gig card I originally bought for my
Blackberry. I will try it in my Sansa tonight.

> Do I need an external card reader to copy stuff on the sd card or will it
> present in explorer when inserted in the sansa?

It should read just fine using the Rockbox USB mode. The Sandisk
firmware however will probably not know how to deal with it.

> Is it true that a micro sd card inserted in the sansa could prevent the
> battery from being charged?

Never seen this before, as I always have my 1gig in the player 24/7.
Battery charges fine

> thanks in advance for the answers.

You're welcome!

Mike