Subject: Re: microSD and sansa

Re: microSD and sansa

From: Colton Myers <ftmmyers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:43:55 -0400

> Hello,
>
> I'm really sory if this has been discussed before here.
>
> I'd like to get a micro sd card for my sansa but is there anyone here who
> has a have player with a 8GB card on this unit?
>
> Do I need an external card reader to copy stuff on the sd card or will it
> present in explorer when inserted in the sansa?
>
> Is it true that a micro sd card inserted in the sansa could prevent the
> battery from being charged?
>
> thanks in advance for the answers.
>
> --
> Sof

I have an 8GB micro SDHC card in my Sansa e260. It works great, but only
with Rockbox. Because the Sansa Rockbox doesn't yet have USB support, this
makes for a problem. You DO have to have an external adapter or reader to
load music onto the card. Mine came with an SD adapter which I use to load
music on it. Another problem I ran into is that many older SD card readers
(like the one in my laptop) do not ready SDHC, which is what the large micro
SD cards are. Which means that even with the SD adapter, I had to use my
newer USB SD adapter to actually read the card. However, after you get
through all these steps and get music on the card, it works great with
Rockbox. Just reinitialize your database, and you're good to go!

I have heard nothing on micro SD and batteries with the Sansas...though I
did read something about battery charging in Rockbox not being supported for
the Sansa e200s. I charge mine in original firmware... Perhaps the reason
it won't charge in Rockbox is because of the card....hmmm.

The only other thing that I have to mention is that the original firmware
supports up to 2GB micro SDHC cards....just so you know.

-Colton