Subject: Re: microSD and sansa

Re: microSD and sansa

From: Erik Ramseth <>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:58:30 -0400

I have a sansa c250 v1 and the rockbox firmware can read the contents
of a 8gb sdhc card just fine. the sansa firmware currently cannot,
though, so until we get file transfer/MSC mode through rockbox, you
will need a card reader to put songs on the card.

As for charging issues, I have not encountered any. The sansa
firmwawre is VERY slow to load if the card is in the slot though.

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 11:54 AM, RaZorbacK <> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm really sory if this has been discussed before here.
> I'd like to get a micro sd card for my sansa but is there anyone here who
> has a have player with a 8GB card on this unit?
> Do I need an external card reader to copy stuff on the sd card or will it
> present in explorer when inserted in the sansa?
> Is it true that a micro sd card inserted in the sansa could prevent the
> battery from being charged?
> thanks in advance for the answers.
> --
> Sof