Subject: Re: connecting Iriver H10

Re: connecting Iriver H10

From: Jim Reevior <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:45:25 -0400

HI Cory,

The success I have with my H10 is to start it up in what the iriver calls
Emergency Connection. This makes it look like a normal external disk,
instead of an MP3 player.

   - With the H10 powered off (Shut down), connect the USB cable to the H10
   and the computer.
   - Hold the Select Button down -- the button on the front of the H10 to
   the right of the slider
   - While you have the Select button pressed, press the power button on the
   - Keep the Select button pressed down until you see the "USB Connected"
   screen on the H10
   - Windows will go through the Plug-n-Play stuff and will mount the H10 as
   a normal hard drive.

Once you have followed theses steps, you should have a drive in your My
Computer that says "H10." You will have access to the entire hard drive
this way.

Let me know if this works.

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Cory B <> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just loaded Rockbox on my Iriver H10 and everything seemed to go without
> a hitch. I then reconnected the player to my PC to add music and I got the
> windows add new hardware wizard. I tried it on two systems with the same
> results. I assume there is no drivers for the Rockbox Media device and if I
> cancel the wizard the player does not show up as a drive. Am I doing
> something wrong here?
> thanks for the help,
> Cory
> List admin: