Subject: Cannot Record on Sansa E260

Cannot Record on Sansa E260

From: Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.) <"Julia>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 15:10:53 +0100

Hello All

I recently bought a Sandisk Sansa E260 and put Rockbox on it. I had intended to use it for recording on holiday but found that, whatever I did, using both radio and voice, I could not get it to record, at least, not in the way I wished. When recording with voice, I could hear things through the headphones but, when I tried to stop the recording, whatever button I pressed or when I turned the wheel, the Sansa locked up and I had to reset holding the small button in. I think it is supposed to tell you the buttons for pause, stop, etc. but this has not happened. I tried 'record' from the menus, also tried pressing and holding the button on the side of the Sansa but get the same results. I know it has recorded in the past before we put Rockbox on. I tried reinstalling Rockbox but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Best wishes.

--
Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.)<j.cosgrove_at_freenet.co.uk>